BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Archimedes15
Calcite | Level 5

As far as I can tell, this should work: ( 'DSN'n NotContains 'DSNDBPG.DSNDBD.GRP_____.OSMLATS.I0001.A0' )

I am trying to exclude all datasets like DSNDBPG.DSNDBD.GRP0%*.OSMLATS.*

I've tried:

DSNDBPG.DSNDBD.GRP0%.OSMLATS.%

DSNDBPG.DSNDBD.%.OSMLATS.I000.A0

DSNDBPG.DSNDBD.GRP%.OSMLATS.I000.%

I feel like this is a simple statement, but I cannot get it to function. If I enter a full DSname, it DOES exclude, so the DSN NotContains logic work, just not for wildcards.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RickStyll_SAS
SAS Employee

SAS Visual Analytics does not support the use of wildcard characters when building filter expressions. To get the result you are looking for, you can use an AND in your expression to combine two text operators. Something like...

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 11.11.44 AM.png

Here's what the text expression might look.

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 11.12.02 AM.png

You can enter an idea to enhance SAS Visual Analytics to add support for wildcard characters when building filter expressions.

I hope this is helpful.

Rick Styll

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RickStyll_SAS
SAS Employee

SAS Visual Analytics does not support the use of wildcard characters when building filter expressions. To get the result you are looking for, you can use an AND in your expression to combine two text operators. Something like...

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 11.11.44 AM.png

Here's what the text expression might look.

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 11.12.02 AM.png

You can enter an idea to enhance SAS Visual Analytics to add support for wildcard characters when building filter expressions.

I hope this is helpful.

Rick Styll

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation