BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
katies
Calcite | Level 5

I have a SAS program scheduled to run daily on my local machine. 

But the laptop is a loaner and I want the program to continue to run at scheduled times when I no longer have access to it. I'm running SAS on a UNIX server. Can I set the task to run on the server?

2 REPLIES 2
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

You need to store the program (.sas file) on the server and then use a scheduler on the server. If LSF is available and you've got sufficient access to SAS Management Console (SMC) then you can schedule jobs directly with SMC. Else use any scheduler that's available - Cron will be there for sure.

You can use sasbatch.sh (found in the batchserver folder) to build your command line (would be sasbatch.bat under Windows and is "better" than using sas.exe).

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you have a SAS administrator in your organisation, then it would be a good idea to ask him/her about the preferred way to do server-based scheduling. It is a good idea to stick to the same method within your SAS environment. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation