BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
michaelferracan
Calcite | Level 5

I'm trying to run a sas script over ssh on a remote desktop but get no result. My machine and the remote machine both have sas base 9.4 installed. When running the same commands on the remote machine the same code works through the command line but when run through putty the command just gets printed out with no error message or logs. Here is the command entered through putty with the output. Is there a sas option I need to include when running through the command line?

sas \\fileserver\scripts\deletedItems.sas -log "\\fileserver\Logs"

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please don't post screenshots. They are hard to read and you can't copy and paste contents. Use the insert code button to paste actual text.

You seem to be trying to run two programs at once. Try one only and try adding the -sysin option before specifying the program file to run. 

michaelferracan
Calcite | Level 5

Ok will do that for the next time, I tried entering -sysin before the program and had the same result, like I mentioned this same command works fine on my computer and the remote machine the second part of the command just includes the location of the logs and excluding it has the same effect.

sas -sysin \\fileserver\deletedItems.sas  -log "\\fileserver\Reporting\Logs"

SASKiwi
PROC Star

In that case I would try adding the full path before the SAS command to reference the folder SAS.EXE is in and add quotes around it if there are any spaces.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation