BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Pooja98
Fluorite | Level 6
I'm a student, my SAS license has expired and I'm unable to login to the SAS 9.4 studio.... how can I overcome this problem?? It shows only the SAS welcome page
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you have a local SAS installation with a bulk license of your university, get the new license from there, and follow the instructions included with it.

Alternatively, SAS University Edition is a nice tool for learning purposes. I also use it tor create most of my code examples here, as it is running on my private Mac, and I do not have to fire up my company's home office.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you have a local SAS installation with a bulk license of your university, get the new license from there, and follow the instructions included with it.

Alternatively, SAS University Edition is a nice tool for learning purposes. I also use it tor create most of my code examples here, as it is running on my private Mac, and I do not have to fire up my company's home office.

Pooja98
Fluorite | Level 6
How can I find my SAS license number?
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Write this code:

proc setinit;
run;

and run it from the commandline:

"C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\sas.exe" -setinit -sysin path_to_your_program.sas -log path_to_a_logfile.log

then look at the log from that. The -setinit option should enable SAS to start up to execute the SETINIT procedure.

But your original provider should be able to send you the current license file.

If you already run University Edition, download a new ova file and set up that.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation