BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rodonoso
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am running a proc mixed model with two random intercepts and no predictors, and I'm getting the insufficient memory error "ERROR: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of insufficient memory."

I've already tried increasing the RAM in the VM, but didn't help. My total # of rows is 1256722; Total columns: 75.

Are there any solutions to this issue or is it a limitation of SAS UE?

Thank you in advance!

The code is below:

proc mixed data=cl.pain noclprint;
class idfin countryfin;
model painl=/solution;
random intercept / subject=countryfin type=vc;
random intercept / subject=idfin(countryfin) type=vc;
options fullstimer;
run;

3 REPLIES 3
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

SAS UE is a learning tool, so yes it will have limitations.  You are looking at 1.25mil observations which does not sound like a "learning example dataset" to me.

Reeza
Super User
When you increased the RAM what size did you set it to? And how big is the SAS data set in terms of MB/GB? And I assume you restarted your VM between changing the RAM settings? And you also set it to two cores?

rodonoso
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you @Reeza for your reply. I increased the RAM size to 4 GB, and it is set to 2 cores. I did restart it after changing RAM settings. The SAS data set is about 800 MB. Do you have any suggestions? I read all your posts because you have been commenting on this topic, but couldn't find any solutions (other than buying the license to be able to use the full version). Thanks again!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation