BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
raheleh22
Obsidian | Level 7

I always work with SAS desktop and am not familier with SAS studio. I have imported my excel file per tutorial videos and screen shot is provided. now I have difficulties on how to right my furthur PROCs ( Proc means, print,...). the SAS code provided here after importing data does not let me type further codes. 

1.jpg

Also how to use proc import as a second option to import my data rather than uploading my excel data to here . I used Proc Import syntax from my SAS desktop version and it is not reading the data. 

proc import datafile='locationxxxxxx'
out=hw
dbms=xlsx;
getnames=yes;
proc print data=hw;run;

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

Any step that is going to read data has to be able to see the file(s) from where the program executes.

Depending on the specific installation of SAS Studio the program may not see your local drive and will require uploading the files to the location that the server SAS Studio connects with can see the file.

Show the LOG after attempting to import the file for more specific response.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation