BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lkoomen_fin
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I have been using SAS Studio via SAS OnDemand and have an issue with copy and pasting into the editor.The problem is that command+V and the paste button in the webapp appear to use a separate clipboard.

A minimum example:

1. Copy some text from outside the SAS Studio editor using CTRL+C or COMMAND+C, for instance 'text_external'
  2. Copy some text from inside the SAS Studio editor using the copy-button, for instance 'text_internal'
  3. Paste text into the editor using CTRL+V or COMMAND+V
  4. Paste text into the editor using the paste-button

At my end step 3 results in 'text_external', while step 4 results in 'text_internal'. So it seems there are two separate clipboards, which is confusing behavior.

Anyone else with this problem?

Kind regards.

2 REPLIES 2
snoopy369
Barite | Level 11

This is a known behavior, and in fact Studio should warn you about it the first time you do a copy.  

lkoomen_fin
Fluorite | Level 6

You are totally right, I did receive a warning about this. As such it is expected behavior and not a bug.

My question then becomes why this is the way it is and whether people share my opinion that is should be changed to a single clipboard. I feel it shouldn't be such a technical issue to implement and the behavior is odd and at times annoying.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation