BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chall6
Calcite | Level 5

Brand new installation of SAS 9.4 M8 and when writing code to make a plot appear in PROC POWER (the code is correct, per the reference I am using as the accompanying visualization is given), I receive the following error:

ERROR: Java virtual machine exception. java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
com.sas.graphics.applets.statgraph.sgchart.data.DataModel

Has anyone found a workaround for this?

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Which SAS environment are you using? Foundation (sometimes called Base SAS or Display Manager), Enterprise Guide, SAS Studio with a local install, SAS On Demand for Academics or something else?

One of the occasional causes of Java errors is an "update" to Java that replaces or removes the SAS supplied Java which does not have the proper links for some of the elements SAS uses. When environment will let us know how to check on which JVM SAS expects to see and which you have.

PS: And it may help to provide the code or settings used with Proc Power.

chall6
Calcite | Level 5
Probably an unsatisfying conclusion, but a quick re-installation of
everything (after manually deleting folders from my computer) solved the
issue!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation