BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GiuPri
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Community!

I'm learning to use SAS Studio for Academics and I'm having troubles with the Results viewing.

When I run different procedures one by one (e.g. I run proc freq, then I run proc corr), when I run a new proc in the Results tab it shows only the output for the last proc (i.e. proc corr) while the output for the previous proc (i.e proc freq) seems to disappear.

I tried to use the "Summary" drop-down menu (in the Italian version is called "Sommario", not sure about the name in the English version), but again it does show only the last procedure.

Is there a way to go back to see the output for previous procedures? Or do I have to re-run the procedure I need?

Thank you!

Giulia

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

The best way to control this on SAS OnDemand for Academics is to

1) put your proc freq and your corr into ONE program file tab (not in 2 editor tabs). Each editor tab has 1 results window. If you have 3 procedure steps in one program, then all the output will show in THAT results window. but if you have the PROC FREQ in one tab and the PROC CORR in another tab, then you will have to switch between the tabs for each procedure to see the results. Your output from your programs is NOT cumulative. Every time you run a program in the Editor, your previous program results are overwritten by the new results from the same program editor tab. So this is how SAS Studio operates. 

Another approach is:

2) take full control of your output and use the Output Delivery system. Here's some code to try:

ods html path='/home/<userID>/' file="myreport.html";

proc print data=sashelp.class(obs=10);
title '1 PROC PRINT';
run;

proc freq data=sashelp.class;
  title '2 PROC FREQ';
  tables age;
run;

proc tabulate data=sashelp.class;
  title '3 PROC TABULATE';
  class age sex;
  var height;
  tables age all,
         sex*mean*height;
run;

proc corr data=sashelp.class sscp cov plots=matrix;
   title '4 PROC CORR';
   var  height age;
   with weight;
run;
ods html close;

With this approach, you take "full control" of the output by using a set of ODS statements around all the output you want to have saved in one output file. You will write this output to your "home" folder. If you right click on Files (Home) and choose Properties, you'll see your unique userID to put in the path option. Then, after the program runs, you can see the output in your Files (Home) location so then if you change the program and you want to have both outputs available, the second time you run the program, just change the name in the FILE= option.

Hope this helps explain some options.

Cynthia

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Sounds like you want to use "interactive" mode of SAS/Studio.

image.png

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation