BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mkrisz
Fluorite | Level 6

When I wanted to do the "Demo: Exploring Automatic SAS Libraries" task:

libname out "s:/workshop/output";

data class_copy1 out.class_copy2;
		set sashelp.class;
	run;

I have got the following message: ERROR: Library OUT does not exist.

Can anyone help me to fix it?

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

Could you please check again if you have given the correct path, the path is case sensitive and also it should match exactly with the actual path.

Thanks,
Jag
mkrisz
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks, yes the path was wrong, thank you very much!

ehab
Calcite | Level 5

The correct code:

libname out "/home/u47411880/EPG194/output";

set sashelp.class;
run;

SAS121
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I was having the same issue and used the pathway you mentioned, with my username instead, and it worked. However, if we're creating a folder called OUT in My Libraries, why does the end of the pathway contain output like this:  "libname out "/home/myUserName/EPG194/output";? Shouldn't the pathway be "libname out "/home/myUserName/EPG194/out";?

Thank you.

@ehab wrote:

The correct code:

libname out "/home/u47411880/EPG194/output";

set sashelp.class;
run;

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi: If you followed the setup instructions for Programming 1, when you expand the EPG194 folder (older name) or the EPG1V2 folder (newest name), then you should see a subfolder named output. If you right click on the output subfolder under your main class folder and in the popup menu on the right click, choose Properties, you should next see the Properties window which will contain the FULL path to the output subfolder. The libname could be:
libname out "s:\workshop\EPG1V2\output";
or
libname out "/home/<yourUserID>/EPG1V2/output";
or
libname out "/home/<yourUserID>/EPG194/output";

or you may want to make an entirely NEW folder for your output under the class main folder. Let's say you do make a NEW folder under the EPG1V2 (or EPG194) class folder and you call the NEW folder mystuff, so when you want to write to the mystuff folder, your LIBNAME statement would change to something like:
libname out "/home/<yourUserID>/EPG1V2/mystuff";
Using the right-click and Properties method will ALWAYS show you the correct folder path you need to use.
Cynthia

DJongman
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi mkrisz,

Tested your code and it seems that the path is incorrect.

Change to:

libname out "s:\workshop\output\";

Note that the directory 's:\workshop\output\' must be available on the server.

mkrisz
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you, unfortunately my patch was wrong.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
That path on the S: drive is the path we use in our classrooms when we teach Programming 1 and Programming 2 classes. If you don't have an S: drive, then you have to replace S:\workshop with the location of where you unzipped the zip file for the class and you are meant to substitute the path you use for the one we show.

Have you done the data setup for the class yet? The Course Overview and Data Setup (if you're doing e-learning) has all the correct instructions for setting up the data. This program will work because it is using SASHELP.CLASS but you need to make all the other data for class before you proceed with the other work.
Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 in conversation