BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ashlyn
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, I have been troubling over a set of proc export codes which works perfectly fine sometimes but fails sometimes too even though it is the exact same codes.

proc export data=myoutput
outfile='/idn/home/myfolder/myoutput.xlsx'
dbms=xlsx
replace;
run;

I ran some checks using "proc setinit;run;" and found out that "SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files" is the issue.

When export fails, I checked and "SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files" is not in my SAS system. My only solution is to restart my computer and "SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files" appears again. 

Does anyone know why "SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files" is missing from my SAS system sometimes?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Then check the server connection when it works and when it fails. If you have multiple servers in the server list, make sure you always use the same.

In the server list, right-click on the server and select Properties; record the host name and port number for reference.

It might be you have a grid installation, and one of the grid servers is misconfigured. Or some other peculiarity in the setup. Once you have the information, get in touch with your SAS admin.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

How do you use SAS?

• Local with Display Manager
  • Local with Enterprise Guide
  • Remote with Enterprise Guide
  • Remote with SAS Studio
  • Remote login and Display Manager
  • University Edition (cloud)
  • University Edition in local virtual machine
  • On Demand for Academics

?

ashlyn
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi KurtBremser, I use Remote with Enterprise Guide

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Then check the server connection when it works and when it fails. If you have multiple servers in the server list, make sure you always use the same.

In the server list, right-click on the server and select Properties; record the host name and port number for reference.

It might be you have a grid installation, and one of the grid servers is misconfigured. Or some other peculiarity in the setup. Once you have the information, get in touch with your SAS admin.

ashlyn
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks @Kurt_Bremser! I checked both server properties and I definitely see some peculiarity. I will contact my SAS Admin. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

The only scenario I can think of that might explain this strange behaviour is you are connecting to a SAS grid where the server nodes have inconsistent SAS licences. Check with your SAS administrator regarding your problem.

ashlyn
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks @SASKiwi! I spotted the inconsistent licences. I will check with my SAS Admin.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation