BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lisa2002
Fluorite | Level 6

Good morning and happy Wednesday.  I am stuck with using Proc compare; I have to compare my work with another individuals obviously they have their own data with a final output, how do I compare my information with the other persons? 

this is my code

proc compare base=Master_FNL
compare=MASTER_FLAT_FNL;
run;

Error: MASTER_FLAT_FNL; does not exist; 

This is the other persons file that I need to compare my work but this is where I get stuck.  Please assist I have read sas proc compare I'm not sure what step I am missing. 

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User
Have you confirmed you have access to their file? You've assigned a libname to your folder with the final output and theirs and are comparing them?

I would expect to see something like:

libname myFinal 'path to sas files';
libname bossFin 'path to colleagues files';

proc compare base=myFinal.master_FNL compare=bossFin.Master_Flat_fnl;
run;
ballardw
Super User

@lisa2002 wrote:

Good morning and happy Wednesday.  I am stuck with using Proc compare; I have to compare my work with another individuals obviously they have their own data with a final output, how do I compare my information with the other persons? 

this is my code

proc compare base=Master_FNL
compare=MASTER_FLAT_FNL;
run;

Error: MASTER_FLAT_FNL; does not exist; 

This is the other persons file that I need to compare my work but this is where I get stuck.  Please assist I have read sas proc compare I'm not sure what step I am missing. 

I would suggest that after you get the file access solved that you may sure that both data sets are sorted the same. Proc Compare can throw lots of mismatched data values if the two sets are not sorted by the same variables. If there are multiple values of the sort variables you may still have issues with comparisons and may require adding additional sort variables to get a truly matching order, if one should exist.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation