BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
danteploy
Calcite | Level 5

I'm attempting to run the following piece of code, but getting the error that all observations have the same response.

proc logistic data=reg_sample descending

plots(only)=roc(id=obs)

outmodel=logit_model

outest=logit_coeffs;

class tran_type occupation_desc SAR NRA SUB PCG;

model ESC_R = tran_type

PCG

cash_cr

cash_cr_count

cash_db

cash_db_count

risk_score

days_first_to_last

account_count

trigger_count  

avg_tran_amount

branch_count

whole_dollar_trans   

round_10_trans

round_100_trans

round_1000_trans

tenure    

OCCUPATION_DESC

prior_fps

prior_escs

prior_crips

CTRs_filed

international_db

InCaT

OutCaT    

SAR 

NRA 

SUB/ selection=stepwise link=logit rsquare EXPB;

run;

I can see, from running Proc Freq, that the observations definitely have different responses.  Is there something else I need to change about my code?

ESC_R

Frequency

Percent

Cumulative
Frequency

Cumulative
Percent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Did the log mention anything about how many observations may have been excluded?

Any record with any of the model variables missing is going to be excluded by default. So if all of the records that have all of those variables present only have the same value of the ESC_R variable that could happen.

As an almost complete guess I would be tempted to run proc freq on Incat*outcat.

The names of those variables make me suspect than a record may be unlikely to have an incat and outcat at the same time.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Did the log mention anything about how many observations may have been excluded?

Any record with any of the model variables missing is going to be excluded by default. So if all of the records that have all of those variables present only have the same value of the ESC_R variable that could happen.

As an almost complete guess I would be tempted to run proc freq on Incat*outcat.

The names of those variables make me suspect than a record may be unlikely to have an incat and outcat at the same time.

danteploy
Calcite | Level 5

The log didn't mention any excluded observations, but I went back in and filled in the missing values, and everything is working now.  Thanks!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation