BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ahsan
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone,

I have a requirement where I need to create.

300 occurrences of the following fields.   Each set of occurrences is 77 characters long (23100 characters total).

Note the first VALID 300 immunizations administered (by dose date) for the matching client will be included. If the client has more than 300 immunizations the remaining immunizations will not be extracted and no error message will be given

Note the immunizations will be sorted in order by vaccine group, then dose date

NCIR Vaccine Type

Char(40)

Vaccine Names used within the NCIR database

Dose Date

Date(10)

dd/mm/yyyy

Date vaccine dose was given

CVX code

Char(12)

The CVX code equivalent to the NCIR Vaccine Type.   CVX codes are part of the HL-7 standard for interchange of information between immunization registries. The CVX code is the code associated with the vaccine administered

( Vaccine table)

I developed the code but I am not sure how do we used Array function to create 300 occurrences.

Data Immunization_13YearsOld;

infile "/sas/RA/ABC.DAT";

input Clients_LName $1-35 Clients_Fname $36-60 Clients_DOB $61-70 Client_Gender $71

Clients_MedicaiID $72-91 For_Future_Use $92-100 Match_Number $101-102

NCIR_Client_Last_Name $103-137 NCIR_Client_First_Name $138-162

NCIR_Client_Date_of_Birth $163-172 NCIR_Client_Gender $173 NCIR_Client_Medicaid_Id $174-193

NCIR_Vaccine_Type $194-233 Dose_Date $234-243 CVX_CODE $244-255 CPT_CODE $256-267 Dose_Number $268-270;

If you guys guide me that would be great.

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User
Can you show what you have as a starting point, what you expect as your output and the rules/logic to get there and we can help with code.

In your current post, I have no idea what an 'occurrence' is or what is a valid vaccine.
Ahsan
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Reeza,
This is the file I am expecting to produce
# col name
#
Client_Last_Name
Client_First_Name
Client_DOB
Client_Gender
Client_Medicaid_Id
For_Future_Use
Match_Number
NCIR_Client_Last_Name
NCIR_Client_First_Name
NCIR_Client_DOB
NCIR_Client_Gender
NCIR_Client_Medicaid_ID
NCIR_Vaccine_Type_01
Dose_Date_01
CVX_Code_01
CPT_Code_01
Dose_Number_01
Reeza
Super User
From what?
Ahsan
Calcite | Level 5
client_name Client_ID Vaccine_type
Ahsan 1234 DTAP

this is just the example we have more columns I need to create 300 occurances I am sure we need to use Array but not sure how
Reeza
Super User
Please show me exactly what you have as a starting data, what you need as output. If you don't know that information you cannot answer the question.
Ahsan
Calcite | Level 5

The issue is resolved.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation