BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ssaha
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi SAS Experts

I am calling four macros from data _null_ statement. 

And for each value which I am calling from an array, I am generating a pdf output by ODS PDF FILE for each calling macros.

How can I append the output of the remaining values to the original PDF file. 

In my PDF output only for the last value for the array, the result is showing and the plots of the remaining values are missing.

So can I redirect the output to the original pdf file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

@ssaha wrote:

I have opened the PDF destination in each macro and closing before the macro ends. I haven't opened PDF destination before data _null_ statement

If you open a pdf destination to an existing file, the file is overwritten. Afaik this can't be changed. The only solution i know is moving the opening statement, so that it is executed only once for each file.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Not sure, i fully understand your process. But opening pdf-destination before data _null_ seems to be necessary to solve the problem.

ssaha
Obsidian | Level 7

I have opened the PDF destination in each macro and closing before the macro ends. I haven't opened PDF destination before data _null_ statement

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

@ssaha wrote:

If you open a pdf destination to an existing file, the file is overwritten. Afaik this can't be changed. The only solution i know is moving the opening statement, so that it is executed only once for each file.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation