BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
riccardo88
Calcite | Level 5

Hallo,

I'm importing some TAB delimited .txt files to SAS. In the files some values are missing.

Here  my code:

filename inn 'G:\***\**\*****\BBB101-07022019-0934.txt';
data innocor_full;
infile inn dlm='09'x dsd firstobs=16;
input Time Arbeitsbelastung HR Atemfrequenz Ve VCO2 VO2 R VO2/HR FO2et FCO2et Ve/VCO2	Ve/VO2 SpO2 VO2/kg	VO2/BSA	FiCO2 FiO2 Va Vt Vd	Geschwindigkeit	Steigung DIA SYS MAP VeVCO2slp VO2loadSlp CoVo2slp BRper FEV1 FVC PEF MEF75 MEF50 MEF25 FET FEV1per MVV heigth weight BSA Alter UmgDruck UmgTemp UmgFeucht cvp1 PO2	PCO2 pH	BE HCO3;
run;

Whit this code I get wrongly all the missing values at the end like this:

Unbenannt.png

this is wrong since most of the missing values are relatives to other variables. I tought this would have been solved writing the DSD Option.

Can someone help me spot the mistake?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Have you tried missover option?

Also your variable names are not sas compliant:

VO2/kg

Variable names cannot - and should not contain special characters.  I assume you changed the system option to be able to do this, however do not do this.  Its quite possible that this also has some impact. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Have you tried missover option?

Also your variable names are not sas compliant:

VO2/kg

Variable names cannot - and should not contain special characters.  I assume you changed the system option to be able to do this, however do not do this.  Its quite possible that this also has some impact. 

riccardo88
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much! After modifying the variable's names it works.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation