BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alexgouv
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am trying to create a logistic regression model using statistics from the past 3 years in a college baseball conference. I am running into issues because many of the players have no data for key variables in my model. Is there a way to have SAS ignore the missing variable for an observation without completely getting rid of that player?

For example, I have columns from freshman to senior year for each statistic for each player. However, some of these players missed a year due to injury, or have not yet reached their senior year, etc. Right now SAS just throws out all of the other data that player has, but I want SAS to use whatever data the player has and only eliminate the player if all columns are blank. 

I am really looking for a way to do this without imputation. If there is a way to do this in R that would work too.

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

You can tell PROC LOGISTIC to consider missing values in a CLASS variable to be legitimate values, but this doesn't work for continuous variables.

https://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmmvacdc&cdcVersion=9.4&docsetId=statug&docsetTarget=statug_lo...

I think you'd have to impute the values, or come up with some other scheme to handle this type of data.

--
Paige Miller
alexgouv
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks, but I was looking for how to handle continuous variables somehow.
Ksharp
Super User

Yeah. I also think you should impute missing value. One way is using PROC PLS .

proc pls data=class  missing=em   nfac=4 plot=(ParmProfiles VIP) details; * cv=split  cvtest(seed=12345);
 class sex;
 model age=weight height sex;
* output out=x predicted=p;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation