BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BNeeli
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Everyone

I am new to this group. Recently I have completed my SAS training, in a word I am new to SAS. I am planning to create a portfolio/Mini project for my resume, in that I want to show my skills or knowledge. I am getting so many ideas but I am not able to put it together... I mean I am missing something in this process and I am feeling dumb (I know it's too early to feel like this). I am wasting so much of time in this process 😞  Can somebody please provide me with portfolio examples or Mini projects or URL's or ideas. I want to learn and create my own project. 

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @BNeeli  - welcome to the world of SAS!

SAS users have a long tradition of sharing their project experience in the form of conference presentations, whether at SAS Global Forum (our biggest annual user gathering) or at any of the many regional and local events.  You can find these as conference papers at the official home for proceedings or search for topics at lexjansen.com.

A growing number of SAS programmers use GitHub as a way to share projects/code.  In fact, about 60 presenters shared the code that accompanies their project with last year's conference.  That's a new tradition that we plan to grow in the coming years.

And a few of us at SAS use GitHub as a way to share code that we publish in blogs.  See these examples:

Note that many SAS users work for companies and industries where the work they do is sensitive or proprietary -- so "sharing projects" is something that they can't do easily.  They must generalize their work for public use, and usually ask permission from their employers to share.  So when you do find such projects, it's thanks to their extra efforts that they invest to share with the community!

Chris

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
BNeeli
Calcite | Level 5

@ChrisHemedinger Thank you so much!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation