BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KristinaT
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello all,

I have just started on line SAS Programming 1.

I went through Essential where it was necessary to do set up for the course which include set of libraries, sample tables..etc.

However certain library folder which should have been installed is not visible. It was visible shortly now no longer it is.

I get the message that the library (PG 1) does not exist.

Can someone help what could be the problem. I it is frustrating since it is just the start and I cannot go on with learning because of this problem.

Could have been paths that are the problem? I did set up on local computer, while the central server for sas is companies server with limited access

More information will be provided if necessary.

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
KristinaT
Fluorite | Level 6

Here is the screenshot:

library not visible.jpg

Reeza
Super User

Are you doing this in your own EG installation or on the cloud? If via the course software the path will not be your local D drive, it will be the path from the instructions.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
For the Enterprise Guide instructions, since so many students do NOT have write access to a local folder, we have set up the data creation program to write to the WORK folder. Then we define a "helper" variable called &PATH, that holds the long location for a user's work location. All of this is demo'd in the EG setup video, here: https://youtu.be/ZRpl6KuE8t8

Hope this helps,
Cynthia
Mojak
Calcite | Level 5
HI Cynthia
the library not visible issue.. would you know if that happens in Data Integration Studio?
I seem to continue to pickup library error in completing practices in Data Curation - Lesson 6.
The jobs don't complete and getting lib not found error.
in Lesson 6: SAS Data Integration Studio: Working with Transformations, this happens in as after import DIFT_CH7Ex1.spk and run a job for DIFT Product Order Information
--
have re-reserved a session and will try that again.

thanks
joel
Mojak
Calcite | Level 5
Tried this again.
I get a prompt as soon as I import DIFT_Ch7Ex1.spk. When completing the import I get directory warning for "D:\\Workshop\dift\test.dm" and "datamart".
and running the job gives me:
library DIFTTGT does not exist
hope you can help
cheers
Joel
KristinaT
Fluorite | Level 6
For me it happens in Enterprise Guide
KristinaT
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you Cynthia! I have followed the guide that is in instructions right now. I see the set up files are a bit different from the ones in the video.
As for path this is the code in them:

%let path = %sysfunc(pathname(work));
libname pg1 "&path";

should the let statement be replaced by %let path = work; as it is in video_
If yes should other corrections be made in code?
Thank you.
Kristina
KristinaT
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you all for your answers. I found it works if I skip the autoexec and do it one by one the three programs manually each time I start the lessons.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation