BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kngu022
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, I am new users for SAS and struggling with create name for file. I use IMAC. I always have problem each time I write down the file path like below. Can anyone tell me the rule of it pleas

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 10.32.04 PM.png

9 REPLIES 9
kngu022
Obsidian | Level 7

Because of this issue, when I create the temporary data set, the errors is like that. Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 10.44.07 PM.png

Can anyone help me please? 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Make sure that the spelling of the physical path to the library is correct, especially with regards to uppercase/lowercase. When SAS tells you something is not there, then it is not there, period.

Both OSX (Mac) and Linux (the operating system of University Edition) are case sensitive.

kngu022
Obsidian | Level 7

After I have corrected the file path and created the temp dataset. The result is like thisScreen Shot 2020-01-20 at 12.47.19 AM.png...

I am not sure what I did wrong. Could you tell me please?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I hate to repeat myself:

"PS please post logs as text, using the {i} button."

First, get rid of that stupid blank in the directory name; it will only cause trouble again and again.

Second, make sure that a file

auto.sas7bdat

exists in the directory. Spelling must be all lowercase, no blanks or other special characters.

kngu022
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes the dataset auto is in the directory I think

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 1.15.11 AM.png
here is my code:
{TITLE 301: Chapater_2;
OPTIONS PAGESIZE=40 LINESIZE=80;
LIBNAME Chapter2"/folders/myfolders/Lecture_Resources";
DATA auto;
SET Chapter2.auto;
RUN;}
The log comes out is no different.
Could you please tell me what is wrong with my code?
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

According to what I see in the screenshot, your libname should be

libname chapter2 "/folders/myfolders/Lecture_ Resources/Chapter2";

as the blank seems to still be there in the physical directory name.

Reeza
Super User
Right click the file, select Properties and get the path from there.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Computers do EXACTLY what you tell them to do.

From your photograph of SAS's tree view of your files it looks like there is some character (a space?) between the underscore and the R in your directory names.

image.png

But in the code you posted there is nothing between those two characters.

"/folders/myfolders/Lecture_Resources"

Also in your photograph is looks like auto.sas7bdat is under the Chapter2 subfolder and not in the parent directory that you attempted to point the libname to. 

image.png

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation