marleeakerson
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am trying to run a basic libname statement and I keep getting this error: 

libname ows "X:\Temp\DRS\project";

NOTE: Writing HTML5(EGHTML) Body file: EGHTML
 libname ows "X:\Temp\DRS\project;
NOTE: Library OWS does not exist.

Any ideas? This should be a really simple piece of code to run but it isn't running for some reason

8 REPLIES 8
Reeza
Super User

Drives on different machines can have different mappings. This means that the F drive to me, could be the D drive on your computer, it's pretty arbitrary except that C is usually the main drive. 

Does your SAS installation have access to this location?
Are you using SAS Studio? EG? Viya or Base?

If Studio, are you using a private installation, SAS University Edition or On Demand for Academics. 

I'm guessing you're using a server installation of some kinds which means it's not mapped directly to your drives. The solution differs based on your answers to the questions above. 

@marleeakerson wrote:

Hello,

Any ideas? This should be a really simple piece of code to run but it isn't running for some reason

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

@marleeakerson wrote:

Hello,

This means that the sas-session started by Enterprise Guide can't access the x-drive. Most likely, because x is a local or mapped drive not defined on the server on which the the session is running. Talk to your sas admins, they should tell you were to save your stuff.

olaelsakhawy
Fluorite | Level 6
hi all,
I have the same problem with me. However, I am using SAS on demand on MacBook Air.

NOTE: Library PG1 does not exist.
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

@olaelsakhawy wrote:
hi all,
I have the same problem with me. However, I am using SAS on demand on MacBook Air.

NOTE: Library PG1 does not exist.

Most likely because you didn't follow the guidelines explaining how to use the libname-statement, but because you have not posted the libname-statement, it is hardly possible to assist further.

olaelsakhawy
Fluorite | Level 6

this is my libname-statement.

libname pg1 "home/u4768696/sasuser.v94/workshop/p104a04.sas";

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

On the physical side, a Base SAS library is a directory containing certain files (extensions .sas7bdat, .sas7bvew or .sas7bcat). A file cannot be used as a SAS library(*). A file with a .sas extension is (with almost 100% certainty) a SAS program, which is meant to be opened with the program editor and submitted for execution.

*) certain files can be used as SAS libraries, but with special engines in the LIBNAME statement. Excel files, for instance.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
HI:
You should not have any class files or folders under the SASUSER folder. The class data will NOT be created correctly if you have class folders under this location. Please go back to the Course Overview and Data Setup section of the Programming 1 course and follow the setup instructions. Since you are using SAS OnDemand for Academics this video shows exactly how the class setup needs to be done:
https://youtu.be/piTtnbzODPs
You will note in the video that the main EPG1V2 folder is directly under Files (Home) top node under Server Files and Folders.
Cynthia
olaelsakhawy
Fluorite | Level 6

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 11.40.58 AM.png
Thank you Cynthia.
This work with me. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 6 in conversation