BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jnoriega95
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, I'm a relatively new SAS user and I had a question regarding joining two tables, where one table has duplicate account numbers but other different/unique variables making it a new "instance", and another table that only has one account number per instance. The problem I'm having is that there are some account numbers in table 1 that are not in table 2, and some account numbers that are in table 2 but not in table 1. The "full join" and "left join" and "merge" options I've tried have either deleted the duplicate account numbers from the first table, have only taken the ones in one table or the other, or have blank data for one of the table's inputs.

Below is an example of what I have and what I want:

Table1 (4 instances):

AcctID       Variable1     Variable2

1                    x                    y

2                    x                    y

2                    x                    z

3                    x                    y

Table2 (3 instances):

AcctID       Variable3     Variable4

1                    a                    b

2                    a                    b

4                    a                    b

Want (5 instances):

AcctID     Variable1      Variable2      Variable3     Variable4

1                   x                    y                   a                  b

2                   x                    y                   a                  b

2                   x                    z                   a                  b

3                   x                    y                   .                   .

4                   .                     .                    a                  b

Thank you all for the help! 🙂

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

FULL JOIN + COALESCE works for me.

Reeza_1-1619728753080.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation