BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
skarathanasis
Calcite | Level 5

Dear experts,

I have a case where I need to display some Visual Analytics reports in a third party portal (through iframe). 

End users login on the third party portal and they expect to see their reports, which means that SAS Viya will need to identify also the user that has signed in. To my understanding this requires that the third party portal will have to send the appropriate request to SAS Viya to automate user login (as we do not want the user to have to enter credentials once again for SAS Viya) and then request the relevant report to be displayed through iframe. Since the user is logged in SAS Viya then the report that will be displayed (through iframe) will be relevant for that user (i.e. row level security).

I have tried to pass user access token (I followed the process of registering a client, requesting access and refresh tokens, etc) on the URL that is used in the iframe to fetch the report but I get unathorized access by SAS Viya. Is there a guideline document I could read to get me through this? Or any other way apart from iframes?

Thanks in advance for your support.   

2 REPLIES 2
skarathanasis
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Meera.

I have come across these documents, actually I am trying to use what is mentioned in the paragraph "Obtain an Access Token Using Password Credentials" from the Viya 3.4 admin guide but without success so far. 

In my case, I am trying to login on SAS Viya (not use a third party service provider) but without using the logon screen, so e.g. either using an access token on the URL or via APIs. Then, once logged in, I want to request a report for this specific user and Viya to respond by providing the report with row level security (I have configured row level security for this user in SAS Environment Manager. 

Any ideas?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation