BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sportguy3089
Calcite | Level 5

I need to create a a Scatterplot for all quantitative variables. I just want to make sure that this is correct?

sportguy3089_0-1618290035175.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
10 REPLIES 10
japelin
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Did you use the SASHELP.CARS data set?
Without the code, we can't determine if it is correct.

sportguy3089
Calcite | Level 5

I am so sorry: That is correct. I used this code:

proc aceclus data=sashelp.cars proportion=.06;
var MSRP Invoice EngineSize Cylinder Horsepower MPG_City MPG_Highway Weight Wheelbase  Length;
run;
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Your first post shows a scatterplot, your second post shows PROC ACECLUS, these two do not relate to one another. Please take some time and explain what you are doing, and what results you want to see here. Provide details.

--
Paige Miller
sportguy3089
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I need to create a scatter plot for all variables: MSRP, Invoice, EngineSize, Cylinder, Horsepower, MPG_City, MPG_Highway, Weight, Wheelbase, and Length. 

Thanks!

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Still not clear. Scatterplots have two axes. What variable(s) go on the horizontal axis? What variable(s) go on the vertical axis? Do you want all possible pairs of variables? Do you want something else, like a matrix plot? (example) Please provide an explanation of what you want.

What does PROC ACECLUS have to do with any of this?

--
Paige Miller
sportguy3089
Calcite | Level 5

I though you can create a scatter plot with all variables with PROC ACECLUS.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I don't see that as a feature of PROC ACECLUS when I look in the documentation.

I keep asking you to provide details and explain what you want, and you haven't provided details or a clear explanation.

--
Paige Miller
Reeza
Super User

I suspect they want a scatter plot matrix instead.

See this blog post which illustrates how to create one.

https://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/2012/08/19/compact-scatter-plot-matrix/

sportguy3089
Calcite | Level 5

It just says scatterplots.

Reeza
Super User
A scatter plot requires two variables. Assuming you're the same person posting on StackOverflow I'm fairly certain this is correct but if you don't understand it there's no guarantee of that.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation