BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
zhawasli1
Obsidian | Level 7

THe good news is that I successfully uploaded my excel worksheet into a sas folder.  However, I donot know how to tell SAS studio that I want to use those data inside the excel sheet (libname?) so that I can figure out information such as geometric mean, median, mean, IQR, and standard deviation.  Thank you so much for reading!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

So if you can see the file in the Files and Folders tab then you can check its properties to find out its actual name (also called the path).  You will need that in your code.  So copy it from the properties window and paste it into the code window.

libname x xlsx "fully qualified name of your file";

Now each SHEET in the XLSX file can be treated as a SAS dataset.

But it probably will work best to first just copy all of the sheets into work datasets and then code from that.

proc copy inlib=x outlib=work;
run;

If you will need to continue to use this data you might want to write back out as permanent SAS datasets.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

So if you can see the file in the Files and Folders tab then you can check its properties to find out its actual name (also called the path).  You will need that in your code.  So copy it from the properties window and paste it into the code window.

libname x xlsx "fully qualified name of your file";

Now each SHEET in the XLSX file can be treated as a SAS dataset.

But it probably will work best to first just copy all of the sheets into work datasets and then code from that.

proc copy inlib=x outlib=work;
run;

If you will need to continue to use this data you might want to write back out as permanent SAS datasets.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation