BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
d6k5d3
Pyrite | Level 9

I want to run a simple probit regression. The available SAS resources boggle my mind. Hence, I am seeking your help. I have a binary dependent variable Y= either 1 or 0, and let's say 10 independent variables (X1, X2, X3,... etc.).

I want to generate a table of the output, hence I would like to have 'noprint'. I also need r-squired and adjusted r-squired info. How should I code to see the regression results?

Much thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

PROC PROBIT contains a lot of options for probit regression models. However, it does not contain an R-square statistic.

If you want to experiment with PROC PROBIT, you can use 

proc probit data=MyData;
   model y = x1-x10;
run;

You can also use PROC LOGISTIC with the LINK+probit option to perform probit regression. The LOGISTIC procedure supports the RSQUARE option, which prints a generalized R-square statistic:

proc logistic data=MyData;
   model y = x1-x10 / link=probit rsquare;
run;

Both these calls generate a table of parameter estimates and other statistics. If you use the NOPRINT option, no output will be displayed. If you want to save a table into a SAS data set, you can use the ODS OUTPUT statement. 

For example, to save the ParameterEstimates table into a SAS data set called 'PE', you can use 

ods output ParameterEstiamtes=PE;
run;

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

PROC PROBIT contains a lot of options for probit regression models. However, it does not contain an R-square statistic.

If you want to experiment with PROC PROBIT, you can use 

proc probit data=MyData;
   model y = x1-x10;
run;

You can also use PROC LOGISTIC with the LINK+probit option to perform probit regression. The LOGISTIC procedure supports the RSQUARE option, which prints a generalized R-square statistic:

run;

Both these calls generate a table of parameter estimates and other statistics. If you use the NOPRINT option, no output will be displayed. If you want to save a table into a SAS data set, you can use the ODS OUTPUT statement. 

For example, to save the ParameterEstimates table into a SAS data set called 'PE', you can use 

ods output ParameterEstiamtes=PE;
run;

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation