BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ballardw
Super User

@Tom wrote:

Note that there isn't really an EG server. There might be a SAS server that EG is using to run the SAS code it creates.  

In your EG session you can pick which server you are using to run your SAS code.  If you have SAS installed on the same machine as EG is runnng on then the SAS code might be running on the same machine as EG.  But the SAS server could just as likely be using a different operating system than the PC you are using to run EG. It might even be using a different userid than your PC uses to connect to your local network.

I was using the term "EG server" to encourage the OP to look at the paths and set ups as you mention but probably shouldn't have on second thought.

avz
Obsidian | Level 7 avz
Obsidian | Level 7

@sumitpratap , I had a similar challenge trying to execute R code after my SAS code finished running. This approach worked for me:

data _null_;
  infile 'P: & "P:\Some Folder\Another-Folder\And Another Folder\instructions to run 7-Zip or R script.bat" 2>&1' pipe;
  input;
  putlog _infile_;
run;

Credits: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51957935/executing-bat-file-via-sas

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 7 in conversation