BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
linlin87
Quartz | Level 8

Hello to Sas community,

I would like help to get into table - like outest table - the confidence interval and standard error for the variables from proc nlin. How do you do?

I have statement like this so I am get parameter for every by variable patient. I will get the estimate for a,...,f out in parameters_out but the confidence limits I do not get. I see PROC REG has some TABLEOUT - is similar in PROC NLIN? I cannot find.

Help would be really good thank you!

proc nlin data = datafull_2016_2022 plots = fit maxiter = 200 save outest = parameters_final;
by prtcpt;
parameters a=-10 / pdata=parameters_init;
model y = a*exp(x/b) + c*exp(x/d) + e*x + f;
run;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @linlin87,

Use the ODS OUTPUT statement

ods output ParameterEstimates=want;

before or in the PROC NLIN step. For each BY group and parameter, dataset WANT will contain the estimate (variable Estimate) and the confidence limits (LowerCL, UpperCL).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

I think you want the OUTPUT statement to get the confidence limits. The OUTEST is different than overall parameters.

Output out=yourdatasetname <options>=<variablenames>;

I don't suggest a specific syntax because you do not indicate whether you want confidence limits of predicted values L95 and U95, LCL and UCL or of the mean L95M / U95M and  LCLM/ UCLM.

Similarly there are multiple standard error options: STDI (individual predicted value) STDP (mean predicted value) STDR (standard error of residuals)

The out= dataset name would have to be different than the OUTEST name. If you want both sets of values in one dataset then you need to combine the two sets.

linlin87
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you @ballardw for helping. I will try this but I think your suggesting get confidence and prediction interval for data? I want confidence intervals of the parameter values.

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @linlin87,

Use the ODS OUTPUT statement

ods output ParameterEstimates=want;

before or in the PROC NLIN step. For each BY group and parameter, dataset WANT will contain the estimate (variable Estimate) and the confidence limits (LowerCL, UpperCL).

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation