BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
merahilyana
Fluorite | Level 6

hai,

I need help?? How to export or connect the sas eg to hadoop??

thank you

14 REPLIES 14
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS/ACCESS Interface to Hadoop is what you use: https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=hadoopov&docsetTarget=n1gtt90tf28i1an1flr3c6a8yr3t.htm&docse...

This product needs to be installed on your SAS server and configured for use by your SAS administrator before you can do anything.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

SAS EG is the client. The connection to Hadoop happens on the server side where your SAS code executes.

There are multiple options how you can interface with Hadoop but they all need specific SAS modules licensed. 

Assuming you want to read/write tables you probably look at SAS/Access to Hadoop or SAS/Access to Impala (which requires Impala installed on the Hadoop side).

SAS Access modules are licensed separately so first thing for you is to check what's available at your site. Execute Proc Setinit and search for one of above access modules in the SAS log. Then let us know and we can talk about the next steps. Also post the SAS version please.

merahilyana
Fluorite | Level 6
sas is done connect with hadoop..

how can i want to export data to hadoop? not need the paswrt form hadoop just user, scheme and dsn only..

my sas versiaon is 7.1
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

@merahilyana wrote:

how can i want to export data to hadoop? not need the paswrt form hadoop just user, scheme and dsn only..

my sas versiaon is 7.1

Sorry, but i don't understand what you are trying to do.

If you need information about the connection to you hadoop-system, asking your local it-guys is recommended.

merahilyana
Fluorite | Level 6
i want to export database in sas eg to hadoop??
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@merahilyana wrote:

my sas versiaon is 7.1

What does that mean? You've got already a working libname to Hadoop and you can see tables there?

So you don't have this information or what? Do you or someone else already have a working SAS libname connecting to Hadoop?

my sas versiaon is 7.1

That's your SAS EG client version. The SAS version will be something with a 9 - and in case you've really got SAS/Access to Hadoop then the version will be SAS9.4 

The maintenance release would also be of interest. Issue the following out of SAS EG and post here what this return in the SAS Log:

%put &=sysvlong;

merahilyana
Fluorite | Level 6
What does that mean? You've got already a working libname to Hadoop and you can see tables there?
- it already create at libraries to hadoop and can see table

So you don't have this information or what? Do you or someone else already have a working SAS libname connecting to Hadoop?
- i have information all about this.. but i just want put data from library sas to labrary hadoop..
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@merahilyana wrote:
- it already create at libraries to hadoop and can see table

- i have information all about this.. but i just want put data from library sas to labrary hadoop..

Then just do it as if you would to create a table under a libref in SAS. SAS will do all the rest for you.

Let's assume href is the libref for the location you want to create the Hive table in Hadoop. You could use code as simple as below to do so.

proc append base=href.class data=sashelp.class;
run;quit;

merahilyana
Fluorite | Level 6
that have error..library hadoop not assigned.
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@merahilyana wrote:
that have error..library hadoop not assigned.

Then assign it first before you execute Proc Append.

merahilyana
Fluorite | Level 6
the below is error appear??

38 libname IPCSIMPA hadoop user=cdm pwd=XXXXXXXXX
39 server=SASOA schema="myipcs_cdm_raw";
ERROR: The HADOOP engine cannot be found.
5 The SAS System
10:02 Monday, October 14, 2019

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.
40 proc append base=SASDATA.DATABASE_F2
40 ! data=IPCSIMPA.DATABASE_F2;
ERROR: Libref IPCSIMPA is not assigned.
41 run;
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@merahilyana 

You need SAS/Access to Hadoop licensed and installed. Look if you find this engine mentioned in the SAS log after running below code.

/* shows you what's licensed */
proc setinit;
run;

/* shows you what's installed */
proc product_status;
run;
Mojito11
Calcite | Level 5
Hi us there any way we can increase the speed to transfer sasfile to hadoop?
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Mojito11  - You are starting a new question so you should open a new post and not add to a 3 year old one. Also you need to provide evidence of what you are doing like a SAS log showing your code and SAS notes showing how long it took to run.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation