BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
anilgvdbm
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Experts,

I have developed a decision tree model in E Miner and need to deploy using web service. client needs my model is interactive after deploying, so it will be like a customer enters one parameter then it should ask the next parameter by interacting with the model. 

So my problem is how to build interactive rules by using the model which i developed.

Regards,

Anil

6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi: This really should be posted in the Stored Process forum. You need to save the code that Enterprise Miner generates and then modify the code to be a stored process. Your SAS Administrator can help you get the URL to the Stored Process Web Application so you can call your Stored Process from the SPWA or your own web service that you write. If you use a client application like the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office or Enterprise Guide you should be able to execute the stored process. Using Macro variables is how you supply an input parameter to the stored process. The input parameter surfaces in a prompting window within a client application that can run stored processes.
Cynthia
anilgvdbm
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Cynthia,

I created the stored process in EG and the web service in the sas management console in client location. now from their side need to call my web service and the web service needs to be interactive. so that's the challenging part here.

Please let me know if anyone worked on this.

Regards,

Anil

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19
I don't think that a stored process with the required interactivity is creatable. A stored process takes some parameters, executes a sas program and shows the result. The result-page show a link to start another so, but i think you can't get much more.
AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11

@Andreas_ids - I beg to differ!

SAS is an incredibly good platform for building interactive stored process based web applications.  Simply load your HTML on the SAS Web Server, write your SAS Code in Stored Processes, and connect the two with the h54s adapter.

Job done!

For an exhaustive step by step guide to this process check out my paper:  http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings17/1091-2017.pdf

/Allan
SAS Challenges - SASensei
MacroCore library for app developers
SAS networking events (BeLux, Germany, UK&I)

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
DevOps and AppDev on SAS 9 / Viya / Base SAS - SASjs
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Thanks  @AllanBowe completely missed h54s.

AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11

you're welcome!

fyi - use the development branch - it's faster, and the only thing stopping it being merged is that the documentation isn't 100% updated.

/Allan
SAS Challenges - SASensei
MacroCore library for app developers
SAS networking events (BeLux, Germany, UK&I)

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
DevOps and AppDev on SAS 9 / Viya / Base SAS - SASjs

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation