BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
harsh0404
Fluorite | Level 6

hi, 

I ran a model in SAS Enterprise miner and got the scoring code. Now I am running it through a file to be scored and i am facing a problem here. 

data xyz ; 

set abc ; 

if var1 ="Donor's G; ift Amount Qual; ified" then var2 = P_INTERACTIONSUBCATEGORY48 ; 
if var1 ="Donor would like a renewal sent to them" then var3= P_INTERACTIONSUBCATEGORY48 ; 

run ; 

Now its not running. how do i tell sas to ignore semicolon in the the middle of string value or treat everything in " " as one full string ?

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

It should do that by default. Post your code AND log to indicate what error or issue you're having.

@harsh0404 wrote:

hi, 

I ran a model in SAS Enterprise miner and got the scoring code. Now I am running it through a file to be scored and i am facing a problem here. 

data xyz ; 

set abc ; 

if var1 ="Donor's G; ift Amount Qual; ified" then var2 = P_INTERACTIONSUBCATEGORY48 ; 
if var1 ="Donor would like a renewal sent to them" then var3= P_INTERACTIONSUBCATEGORY48 ; 

run ; 

Now its not running. how do i tell sas to ignore semicolon in the the middle of string value or treat everything in " " as one full string ?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation