BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ewei
Calcite | Level 5

I just started the Statistics 1: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression course.

When I tried to do the st101d01.sas demo, I received the following error messages:

ERROR: The ODS initializer failed to instantiate during SAS startup.
ERROR: Exception text: Assistive Technology not found:
com.sun.java.accessibility.AccessBridge

I have SAS 9.4 (English with DCBS) and SAS Enterprise Guide 7.4 (64-bit).  Please note that I first ran the setup file before running parts 1 (%let statements) and 2 (proc freq) of the st101d01.sas file.

How do I solve this problem?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ewei
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Cynthia, thanks for the link! I ended up talking to my IT department and after following the alternative solution on the website, my SAS works!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
I think you need to work with your SAS Administrator -- this note implies that there are problems: https://support.sas.com/kb/55/652.html.

Are you taking the e-learning version of the course? If so please verify that you have 1) followed the Enterprise Guide instructions and 2) you ran the createdata_wk.sas program as indicated in the instructions below:

Cynthia_sas_0-1595684478074.png

My recommendation is that you do not move forward with the course until the error message is resolved.

Cynthia

Otherwise, in searching support notes

ewei
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Cynthia, thanks for the link! I ended up talking to my IT department and after following the alternative solution on the website, my SAS works!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation