BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rtomiak
Calcite | Level 5

Hi! I'm on Lesson 2 of the SAS Essentials course. In "Demo: Exploring Course Libraries" I realized that I was creating library references that appeared in the library tab, but they aren't saving any tables/data, and I can't save any data to them without getting error messages. I double-checked that my code is correct and I'm saving it with the right file paths, .sas, and referencing the right data, but nothing seems to be working.

I used this code: libname pg1 "/home/u60722693/EPG1V2"; and double-checked that I got the location right. I run the code, no errors, but then the library PG1 doesn't have any tables in it. I have this problem again during the demo section called "Exploring SAS Automatic Libraries" where I successfully create the library reference OUT, but then when I try to save data tables to it, I get error messages. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
CarmineVerrell
SAS Employee

can you please include the log

tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
So did you upload the createdataPG1v2_oda.sas program to your EPG1V2 folder? You should be able to run that program & it will create the subfolders & create the data. The data will actually be in a subfolder /home/u60722693/EPG1V2/data & that is where you should assign the library PG1

libname pg1 "/home/u60722693/EPG1V2/data";
or you can use:
libname pg1 "~/EPG1V2/data";
~ will point to your user folder (i.e. /home/u60722693/)

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation