BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ProfessorJen
Calcite | Level 5

Hello

I am a new user, trying to teach myself SAS Studio.  I was working with the SASHELP Cars data and then I tried to import my own csv files.  NOw Cars doesn't work, and I get error messages with basic proc print run commands.   I can't see any of the data.

Very very green with SAS

But I need to get this going as I teach it Monday morning!

here's the command and errors:

proc print sashelp.cars;

run;

Errors:

1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
73 proc print sashelp.cars;
ERROR 22-322: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: ;, BLANKLINE, CONTENTS, DATA, DOUBLE, GRANDTOTAL_LABEL, GRANDTOT_LABEL,
GRAND_LABEL, GTOTAL_LABEL, GTOT_LABEL, HEADING, LABEL, N, NOOBS, NOSUMLABEL, OBS, ROUND, ROWS, SPLIT, STYLE,
SUMLABEL, UNIFORM, WIDTH.
ERROR 201-322: The option is not recognized and will be ignored.
74 run;

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE PRINT used (Total process time):
real time 0.00 seconds
user cpu time 0.00 seconds
system cpu time 0.00 seconds
memory 215.15k
OS Memory 26020.00k
Timestamp 01/13/2024 09:05:25 PM
Step Count 59 Switch Count 0
Page Faults 0
Page Reclaims 32
Page Swaps 0
Voluntary Context Switches 0
Involuntary Context Switches 0
Block Input Operations 0
Block Output Operations 8

76 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
ProfessorJen_0-1705180766966.png

I can't see any data, not cars, not gas, not my own.

What did I do?

Please help - and thank you so much in advance
 Professor Jen
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Clue as to the solution from your LOG. The underlined text, SASHELP.CARS is the bit referred to by the ERROR 22-322. It showed options that are acceptable meaning the set name was in a position where an option was expected.

The second clue is the data set mentioned as not existing that was not used in your code. SAS will try to help by using the last data set created as input if you miss or do not use the data=somedatesetname.

I've been programming in SAS for more than 30 years and still make this error of missing the DATA= part about once a month when thinking of some other detail (or interrupted).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ProfessorJen
Calcite | Level 5

OMG THank you!   Simple.  I was freaking out!

I am still learning all the nuances.  I am more familiar with SPSS...

Thank you thank you thank you

!

ballardw
Super User

Clue as to the solution from your LOG. The underlined text, SASHELP.CARS is the bit referred to by the ERROR 22-322. It showed options that are acceptable meaning the set name was in a position where an option was expected.

The second clue is the data set mentioned as not existing that was not used in your code. SAS will try to help by using the last data set created as input if you miss or do not use the data=somedatesetname.

I've been programming in SAS for more than 30 years and still make this error of missing the DATA= part about once a month when thinking of some other detail (or interrupted).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation