BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
alexim
Fluorite | Level 6

The math behind distribution tables is complicated. Does SAS University Edition provide the means to calculate such values without specifying all the mathematical details in a program.

For example calculate the critical value or Inverse Cumulative Probability for F distribution (for 2-Way ANOVA) given Numerator degrees of freedom = xx, Denominator degrees of freedom = xx, alpha = 0.05 (input constant = 0.95). Can you point me to a code example?

thanks,

Alexim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Check the functions under the probability section:

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=lefunctionsref&docsetTarget=n01f5qrjoh9h4hn1olbdpb5pr2td.htm...

@alexim wrote:

The math behind distribution tables is complicated. Does SAS University Edition provide the means to calculate such values without specifying all the mathematical details in a program.

For example calculate the critical value or Inverse Cumulative Probability for F distribution (for 2-Way ANOVA) given Numerator degrees of freedom = xx, Denominator degrees of freedom = xx, alpha = 0.05 (input constant = 0.95). Can you point me to a code example?

thanks,

Alexim

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

Check the functions under the probability section:

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=lefunctionsref&docsetTarget=n01f5qrjoh9h4hn1olbdpb5pr2td.htm...

@alexim wrote:

thanks,

Alexim

alexim
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks, haven't found exactly what I'm looking for but you've got me headed in the right direction I believe.

Alexim

alexim
Fluorite | Level 6
The required function is QUANTILE.

data one;
x=quantile('F',0.95, 1, 4);
put x=;
run;

Alexim
Reeza
Super User

You want the Quantile function then 🙂

data demo;

CriticalValueNormal = quantile('Normal', 0.025);
CriticalValueF = quantile('F', 0.025, 2, 3);

run;

proc print data=demo;
run;

https://communities.sas.com/t5/General-SAS-Programming/alpha-and-z-value/td-p/254023

alexim
Fluorite | Level 6
Yes I discovered QUANTILE just prior to your latest post, you did head me in the right direction, very much appreciate your assistance.

thanks,
Alexim

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation