BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dpmf
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I've been sent to do the SAS support (5.1) for a major telecom company in my country and had almost 0 knowledge transfer, so, they throw me to the wolves and "good luck pal" 🙂

Although i've strugled a lot in the beginning, i now start to see things more clear, but there are some "little" details that i'm not able to understand yet, and this is one small but enervating one:

I've created a SQL Server library and when the lib is white in the SAS Guide (when the box in "pre-assign" is NOT marked in the management console) i can expand the library and the tables appear... But when i check that box and the lib turns yellow... i expand and nothing appears.

There are other libraries in "yellow" that show the tables and some were created by me, but i still can't find WHY this is happening.

Probably is just a **bleep**ty detail, but it stats to hit a nerve here 😄

Anyone can explain?

(I have 'AssignMode = 0' in the extended properties)

Best Regards!

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The way to get pre-assigned RDB libraries to show tables is to set AssignMode = 2. Alternatively you can register the tables in SAS metadata, but I find the AssignMode option is far better. Also add DEFER = YES as an advanced option so the database connection is only made when you reference it so is far more efficient when starting a SAS session.

With these options, no matter which way you run SAS via EG, SAS Studio or batch your library definitions all work the same.

dpmf
Calcite | Level 5

Hi SAS Kiwi,

Thank you for your answer.

One question: You mention a RDB but i use a ODBC Class to create such libs... DOes it make any difference?

I've changed the AssignMode to 2 but the problem mantains... If it's yellow, doesn't expand, if it's white, can expand and shows tables... 😞

Best Regards

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation