BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vijayprajapati
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Guys

I am looking for SAS training, Is there any SAS registered training centre in Sydney?

I am Bachelor in Computer Application graduate and looking to start with SAS training.

Also can you guide me do i need to go first with Base SAS or Advanced SAS? I am having knowledge of SQL and other computer languages but not SAS:).

Thank you

Vijay

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

This should get you started with SAS training in Australia: https://support.sas.com/edu/country.html?ctry=au

ballardw
Super User

@vijayprajapati wrote:

Hello Guys

I am looking for SAS training, Is there any SAS registered training centre in Sydney?

I am Bachelor in Computer Application graduate and looking to start with SAS training.

Also can you guide me do i need to go first with Base SAS or Advanced SAS? I am having knowledge of SQL and other computer languages but not SAS:).

Thank you

Vijay

I would suggest starting with the free e-learning classes.

One reason is they are free. Second is that sometimes programming in some languages doesn't prepare people for the options in SAS and they will attempt to force another tool, such as PROC SQL in SAS, to do things that are extremely easy with other tools.

As an example with your SQL experience consider:

A data set has grouping variables such as Region, County, School District, School, grade within school.

And would like to perform common summary statistics such as total count of students or similar and would like to get the total: overall, by region, by county within region (counties may be split between region), by school district with in county (school districts may cross county lines), by school and grade (how many students in grade X in the total population, in each region, in each county etc).

Think a minute about how you would do that in SQL.

Then be aware that this can be done with 5 code statements in Proc Summary: Proc Summary statement, class statement, var statement, output statement and a Run. The class and var statements are basically just space delimited lists of variables.

In my project actually there are 8 grouping variables and about 20 variables to summarize.

I know that I can do that in SQL. Or FORTRAN, BASIC, PL1, Pascal or a couple of other languages I am familiar with. But not anywhere as compactly as that Proc.

So learning some of the basic procedures and approaches is a good idea.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation