BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
_maldini_
Barite | Level 11

Is there a resource somewhere that SHOWS you all the possible style outputs when using the STYLE option?

My understanding is that this PROC lists the available options, but going through them one by one is exhausting...

PROC TEMPLATE;
	LIST STYLES;
RUN;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Read the overview of styles in the SAS/STAT documentation, "ODS Styles Comparison."

It gives a high-level depiction of the features of many of the most popular styles.

If you are running code through ODA in SAS Studio, you can try out the different styles by using the interface. Select More Application Options -> Preferences.

Rick_SAS_0-1643394193137.png

Go to the Results section and choose any style you want from the HTML output Style menu.

Rick_SAS_1-1643394224123.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ballardw
Super User

https://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/2018/08/17/displaying-all-of-the-output-styles/

May want to include a different SGPLOT to show a Vbar type graph to get fill property examples and a Proc Print to see default table properties.

_maldini_
Barite | Level 11

Thanks for this. I tried to run this syntax and got 226 errors. I'm using SAS University Edition. 

The log is too long to copy here.

Have you ever run it successfully?

ballardw
Super User

@_maldini_ wrote:

Thanks for this. I tried to run this syntax and got 226 errors. I'm using SAS University Edition. 

The log is too long to copy here.

Have you ever run it successfully?

Yes, though I modified the code to use local drives, added Proc Print and other graphs to see the fill patterns, sent the output to RTF, PDF as well as an HTML frame document. I have a copy that I have been using since SAS 9.2.3 in 2012.

At least show the first 3 or 4 errors. 226 probably means that you are getting the same error for every style. You may want to set OPTIONS MPRINT; before code with macros that may have problems to get the error messages along with the generated code.

Are you sure you are running University edition? I though SAS stopped access to that a year ago.

_maldini_
Barite | Level 11

Sorry, I mean SAS OnDemand for Academics.

You are correct about the errors...This error repeats.

WARNING: GPATH or PATH is not a writable directory. It will be ignored.
ERROR: Cannot write image to /pbr/biconfig/940/Lev1/SASApp/Analysis.png. Please ensure that proper disk permissions are set.
ERROR: Cannot write image to /pbr/biconfig/940/Lev1/SASApp/Analysis.png. Please ensure that proper disk permissions are set.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
ballardw
Super User

Show the code you submitted. SAS on demand cannot write to your computer, it must create output in its own cloud location. Then you download the files created afterward. So check EVERY place you may have specified a path or file.

_maldini_
Barite | Level 11

I just copied and pasted this code. I don't see a path referenced.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Read the overview of styles in the SAS/STAT documentation, "ODS Styles Comparison."

It gives a high-level depiction of the features of many of the most popular styles.

If you are running code through ODA in SAS Studio, you can try out the different styles by using the interface. Select More Application Options -> Preferences.

Rick_SAS_0-1643394193137.png

Go to the Results section and choose any style you want from the HTML output Style menu.

Rick_SAS_1-1643394224123.png

_maldini_
Barite | Level 11

<Go to the Results section and choose any style you want from the HTML output Style menu.>

So you just change the style and re-run the syntax? That's pretty cool. I notice the original syntax doesn't change.

Is there a way to change some of the attributes of a style once you select it?

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

> So you just change the style and re-run the syntax?

Yes

> Is there a way to change some of the attributes of a style once you select it?

Not by using the interface. You would have to use PROC TEMPLATE and submit code.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation