Obsidian | Level 7

Using SAS 9.4

I am running the following code:

proc freq data= have;
by graft;
table sex BMI_overweight athlete athlete_type_update / nocum norow binomial;
exact binomial;
run;

graft is a binary variable, however when I run the code it only produces the CI for one part of the binary. 

I am trying to follow this example: https://www.lexjansen.com/phuse/2013/sp/SP05.pdf

In the example by statement is a binary variable that is producing both tx group a and b so I am wondering if anyone knows why my code is only producing the output for 1? Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

graft is a binary variable, however when I run the code it only produces the CI for one part of the binary. 

Show us the same output you are seeing.

--
Paige Miller
ballardw
Super User

You may also want to show us the LOG from running the code. Copy the code and any messages related to the Proc Freq call from the log and paste into a code box opened on the forum with the {I} now </> or "running man" icon. That will preserve formatting of any messages.

WeiChen
Obsidian | Level 7

Run

proc freq data= have;
table graft;
run;

to see how many values graft actually has. Maybe only one level? (Like all females)

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

We want to see the OUTPUT. (And @ballardw wants to see the LOG)

--
Paige Miller

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation