BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sasgiaz
Quartz | Level 8

It's ok, I've got it done already. Thx alot for explaining patiently 🙂

But if you don't mind to help me one more time..

I did the regression analysis. I know that generally, the value of coefficient determination will become higher as we add more variables into the model. But the problem is, eventhough the coefficient determination is high as much as 99%, I got some variables insignificant, even at alpha 10%. Do you know what's the reason it may possibly happen?  

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Coefficient of determination (R-squared) and insignificant variables are independent. One does not imply the other.

--
Paige Miller
sasgiaz
Quartz | Level 8

Then why do you think of model which has insignificant variables and high coefficient of detemination at the same time?

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Just because you put a term into a model that fits well, it does not mean that the term is going to be significant. It means that this term is really not contributing to the fit.

--
Paige Miller
sasgiaz
Quartz | Level 8

Ok then, thankyou so much

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation