BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
robulon
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I'm a bit frustrated with myself at not being able to figure this out but there you. Where I work creates daily batch files except for on a Sunday. I want to be able to identify the last created batch file for a month.

I could (and indeed have been) using: -

if weekday(intnx('month',current_month, 1) - 1) ne 1 then mthend = intnx('month',current_month, 1) -1;

else mthend = intnx('month',current_month, 1) -2;

But was hoping for something a bit more aesthetically pleasing. I thought I could use a variation on

last_month_busday = intnx('WEEKDAY', intnx('MONTH', date, -1, 'END'), 0);

but replacing 'WEEKDAY' with 'WEEKDAY234567w' which I thought would omit Sundays from consideration but this is not working. If anyone could suggest a way to do this, I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Rob

2 REPLIES 2
mkeintz
PROC Star

Not pretty, but this is a single statement:

data _null_;
  current_date=mdy(3,7,2019);
  last_bus_day=intnx('month',current_date,0,'E') - (weekday(intnx('month',current_date,0,'E'))=1);
  put (_all_) (=weekdate20.);
run;

It  might make sense for other users  of the program to see two lines:

data _null_;
  current_date=mdy(3,7,2019);
  last_bus_day=intnx('month',current_date,0,'E');
  if weekday(intnx('month',current_date,0,'E'))=1 then last_bus_day=last_bus_day-1;
  put (_all_) (=weekdate20.);
run;

Editted note:

In the second block of code, I should have put:

if weekday(last_bus_day)=1 then last_bus_day=last_bus_day-1; 

instead of the long IF statement I entered.

--------------------------
The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

--------------------------
robulon
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks for this, it's not exactly what I was after but has shown me a couple of new things I haven't seen before which is always good.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation