BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
zll123
Calcite | Level 5

How could SAS be used in financial industry? Thanks a lot!

4 REPLIES 4
mkeintz
PROC Star

portfolio optimization

fraud detection

report generation

CAPM modelling

Fama-French analysis (and its derivatives)

Insider trading analysis

Industry concentration

high frequency trading analysis

sentiment analysis in SEC filings

I have seen all of the above

Also, there are vertical financial software packages in SAS - I know nothing about them.

--------------------------
The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

--------------------------
PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

See the Finance category of the SAS Press books.

I can recommend Portfolio and Investment Analysis with SAS.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Good replies so far! See also the stories of customers in the financial industry who are using SAS, with their use cases.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Risk, Fraud, Forecasting, CI, anything else that needs analytics.

Besides of "just the tools" there are also powerful SAS solutions available for these areas (=pre-built configurable "packages" with the business logic/making it easy to implement site specific business logic that are built using the SAS software stack).

Like: Sentiment analysis is used by the CI solutions, Data quality by Fraud solutions (for example to standardize names and addresses for application fraud), SAS Model Manager for Risk solutions ...and so on and so on.

SAS has a very broad offering and if you just Google the SAS site then the amount of information could be overwhelming. If you know what business problem you need to solve then I suggest you contact SAS and ask how they can help you.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 5 in conversation