BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
lucazanotti
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi community, 

hope you can help this, as I am a bit of a newbie. I have the following statement that was working, and now it doesn't. 

libname xyz odbc dsn=abc_prod user=**** password=****  schema=*** preserve_tab_names=yes;

which correctly from the LOG assign the library

Libref xyz was successfully assigned as follows:
Engine: ODBC
Physical Name: abc_prod

The problem is that afterwards it try a 

ERROR: File XYZ.FILE.DATA does not exist.

Do you know what reason may have occured to stop working? i can see from other db tools that the data are there and table names are spell correctly.

Many thanks in advance

Luca

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you did something like

set xyz.table_1;

in SAS, and received the not found ERROR, you may have a permission problem via ODBC. If the ODBC connection actually points to the correct database schema in the RDBMS.

Run a proc datasets on library xyz to see which tables are there.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Whats the name of the dataset on the database?  What does the log say, exactly not just part of it.  Does the SAS system have access to the database?

lucazanotti
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Kurt, 

apologies, i just mock the names for security reasons: indeed is 

xyz.table_1.data

the related proc sql reference the  table into:

xyz.table_1

Checked also the spelling and there are not mistakes in this sense.

Thank you

Luca

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you did something like

set xyz.table_1;

in SAS, and received the not found ERROR, you may have a permission problem via ODBC. If the ODBC connection actually points to the correct database schema in the RDBMS.

Run a proc datasets on library xyz to see which tables are there.

lucazanotti
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes that indeed was the problem: our DB Admin check the ODBC SAS server and the dsn was the wrong one.

now is sorted. Thanks a lot to point in the right direction

Much appreciated

Luca

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation