BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ChaoticSweets
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello. so this issue randomly happened just today, and it was the same libref (never changed) that I was using for a practice exam. I was trying to review my log when it suddenly chose not to work today, and the log for both the correct answer and my own is not working because it can't find a file even though the libref code is submitted and is the one the practice exam advised me to use. 

code for the libref (i never changed it since I started the exam);

libname cert "S:/workshop/cert";

libname results "S:/workshop/cert/input";

and here is the log of a code I was trying to run with unchanged code that provides the error. Of course, this libref effects all my other projects, so all of them have a similar error code. 

*i apologize, it won't let me copy/paste from the program since its SAS Virtual Labs for the practice exam. 

OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

data cleandata36;
set cert.input36;
ERROR: FILE CERT.INPUT36.DATA does not exist.
Group=Upcase(group);
if Group in (A'A, 'B') then output;
run;

I went through other articles to determine what could be the issue. 

I made sure to double check the libname path, the drive and folders are all available and set correctly.

the code does not have anything in uppercase that would suddenly affect the issue. 

This is done on Sas Studio Virtual Labs for the practice exam . 

Help would be greatly appreciated... there might be an obvious answer and I'm too blind to see it. 

thank you guys so much, i've realized how helpful this community is and im glad it exists. 🙂 

If i forgot to provide something please let me know. 

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Have you gone to the Servers Files and Folder pane and confirmed the paths?

Those paths look a touch weird to me, I'd expect your input data to be under input folder, not results. 
I would expect a different folder to hold the output/results. 

And I would expect the reference to be to the input location to read the file but that's going based on the name of the folders/files not anything else so could be entirely wrong.

@ChaoticSweets wrote:

Hello. so this issue randomly happened just today, and it was the same libref (never changed) that I was using for a practice exam. I was trying to review my log when it suddenly chose not to work today, and the log for both the correct answer and my own is not working because it can't find a file even though the libref code is submitted and is the one the practice exam advised me to use. 

code for the libref (i never changed it since I started the exam);

libname cert "S:/workshop/cert";

libname results "S:/workshop/cert/input";

and here is the log of a code I was trying to run with unchanged code that provides the error. Of course, this libref effects all my other projects, so all of them have a similar error code. 

*i apologize, it won't let me copy/paste from the program since its SAS Virtual Labs for the practice exam. 

OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

data cleandata36;
set cert.input36;
ERROR: FILE CERT.INPUT36.DATA does not exist.
Group=Upcase(group);
if Group in (A'A, 'B') then output;
run;

I went through other articles to determine what could be the issue. 

I made sure to double check the libname path, the drive and folders are all available and set correctly.

the code does not have anything in uppercase that would suddenly affect the issue. 

This is done on Sas Studio Virtual Labs for the practice exam . 

Help would be greatly appreciated... there might be an obvious answer and I'm too blind to see it. 

thank you guys so much, i've realized how helpful this community is and im glad it exists. 🙂 

If i forgot to provide something please let me know. 

ChaoticSweets
Obsidian | Level 7
it seems when i reopened virtual labs, it decided to reset everything so I don't have any of my previously saved programs somehow. It's probably because it timed out and said to start a new session, but is that supposed to erase my programs? I Know this is off topic but...yeah. Thank you for the help. Seems I am digging deeper into the issue now.

Also, this is what it says per the instructions;
SAS Virtual Lab
If you are using the SAS Virtual lab, the data is uploaded for you.
The cert library should reference 's:/workshop/cert/input'.
The results library should reference ' s:/workshop/cert/output'.

to restate, i currently have what i mentioned in the main topic. But i decided to add libname results "S:/workshop/cert"; however I dont think that did anything.

Reeza
Super User
Super small thing - even the s for the drive may need to be lower cased.

Unfortunately I’m not familiar with the Virtual Labs…I’m a bit more old school. I suspect you didn’t explicitly save your programs though. If you do that you can at least re open them.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation