BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Nique
Fluorite | Level 6

I am a first time user to SAS. I managed to convert my .XPT files to .sas7bdat files in SAS Studio. I have 9 sas7bdat files under my sasuser.v94 folder. My problem is when...

1. I try to drag one of my folders to the window pane to the right

2. I receive an error that says File_Temp20.'BLOOD PRESSURE AND CHOLESTROL'n.DATA does not exist.

3. If I right click on the file and select OPEN, I get the same error

Please help, when I was converting the files over from .xpt to .sas7bdat and coping and pasting the code in Program 1, was the only time I saw data/results. Now I cant see anything. 

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

Can you access the file, via code?

What happens if you run something like the following, putting in your path of course. 

libname myLib 'path to folder with sas data sets';

proc datasets lib=myLib;quit;

@Nique wrote:

I am a first time user to SAS. I managed to convert my .XPT files to .sas7bdat files in SAS Studio. I have 9 sas7bdat files under my sasuser.v94 folder. My problem is when...

1. I try to drag one of my folders to the window pane to the right

2. I receive an error that says File_Temp20.'BLOOD PRESSURE AND CHOLESTROL'n.DATA does not exist.

3. If I right click on the file and select OPEN, I get the same error

Please help, when I was converting the files over from .xpt to .sas7bdat and coping and pasting the code in Program 1, was the only time I saw data/results. Now I cant see anything. 

Nique
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Reeza thank you for your response. This is the response I received after going to program, under the Code Tab, and pasting your suggestion

(I received this error below)

Error: Library MYLIB does not exist

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Nique wrote:

Hi Reeza thank you for your response. This is the response I received after going to program, under the Code Tab, and pasting your suggestion

(I received this error below)

Error: Library MYLIB does not exist

Which means that the path does not exist in the context of your SAS session.

Possible reasons:

• it exists on your desktop, but you work on a remote server
  • you use University Edition and entered the path you see from your desktop, not the one from inside the virtual machine
  • you mistyped it

Tell us a little about your SAS setup. University Edition, On Demand for Academics, BI server, or single machine?

Nique
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Kurt that makes sense, I can see that. I will try to retype it. 

Reeza
Super User
Show the actual cod you ran and the log.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation