BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
nfatahi
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm having trouble opening a SAS dataset. When I try to open the dataset I get an error that says  "unable to open table. Do you want to select a different table to open?". When I check the log I get an error that says "ERROR: Format CTYLBL not found or couldn't be loaded for variable IDCNTRY." The dataset opens for the person who shared it with me so I'm not sure what the issue is on my end. Any help is appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You can change the option that is making not being able to find the format an ERROR.

Run this statement.

options nofmterr ;

And you should be able to use the dataset.

Hopefully you can tell from the raw unformatted values what the data means.  If not ask for the code to create the formats from the person that gave you the dataset.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You can change the option that is making not being able to find the format an ERROR.

Run this statement.

options nofmterr ;

And you should be able to use the dataset.

Hopefully you can tell from the raw unformatted values what the data means.  If not ask for the code to create the formats from the person that gave you the dataset.

nfatahi
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you so much! That worked. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation