BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Paloma
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

We are working in a remote desktop with SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1, and we are trying to export a file in csv using the following code:

PROC EXPORT DATA = WORK.TABLE

OUTFILE = "/L:/X9776/my_name/output.csv"

DBMS = CSV REPLACE;

RUN;

But we get this error Smiley Frustrated:

Error: Physical file does not exist, L:/X9776/my_name/output.csv.

Can you help us please? Robot Sad

Thank you so much. Cat Happy

13 REPLIES 13
Reeza
Super User
The path looks wrong. Remember that you need to use a path on the server where EG is located, not your local machine. Once the file is created you can then download it to your machine or FTP it over.
Paloma
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Reeza! Thanks for answering so quickly.

The L: is a path on the server, not in my local machine, still we get this error.
Reeza
Super User
You don't usually need that first forward slash though, before the L?
Paloma
Calcite | Level 5
We tried that before but if we do that we'll get the following error:

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /sas/config94/sascompute/Lev1/SASApp/L:/X9776/my_name/output.csv.

We searched on the internet this error and we found a solution saying that 'L:/X9776/my_name/output.csv' is a UNIX path and that the problem is fixed with a slash before the L, but then we get the current error.

Thank you so much for helping us.
ravig
Obsidian | Level 7

/**Try this code , Copy the actual path from properties of the output folder*/
PROC EXPORT DATA = WORK.TABLE

OUTFILE = "L:/X9776/my_name/output.csv"

DBMS = CSV REPLACE;

RUN;
Paloma
Calcite | Level 5

We tried that before but if we do that we'll get the following error:

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /sas/config94/sascompute/Lev1/SASApp/L:/X9776/my_name/output.csv.

We searched on the internet this error and we found a solution saying that 'L:/X9776/my_name/output.csv' is a UNIX path and that the problem is fixed with a slash before the L, but then we get the current error.

Thank you so much for helping us.

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

The path you see in the error-message /sas/config94/sascompute/Lev1/SASApp/L:/X9776/my_name/output.csv indicates, that the sas-system you are working with is using Linux and not Windows, so there can't be an L-drive on the server. You need to talk to the it-staff, they can tell you which path you have to use.

Paloma
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks, we will talk to the it-staff.
ravig
Obsidian | Level 7

SERVER VS PC  : May be your file is on the server and your SAS is on the PC ? or Viceversa . Please check

Paloma
Calcite | Level 5
SAS is installed on a server and I want to export the file on a virtual PC (remote desktop, not my local PC).
Reeza
Super User
If you navigate to the path using the EG browser, select the folder you want to export to, right click, select properties. That will be the file path you need to use. You can navigate using the Servers/Files pane on the bottom left corner of the EG interface.
Paloma
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you Reeza, we looked there but there are a lot of folders, do you know which folder is linked to my virtual PC? Thanks.
Reeza
Super User
@Paloma, Unfortunately that's something IT or you should know.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation