BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SIgnificatif
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Dear All. 

1. I would like to ask you if there is a command ( a loop ?)  to duplicate (with contents) an oracle database and put all created tables with same name in a library.
  2. the other question is how to save into a server and not local machine ( EG is installed in a local machine and database and the output should be on a server ) ?

Thank you for your comments.

4 REPLIES 4
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

I would like to ask you if there is a command ( a loop ?) to duplicate (with contents) an oracle database and put all created tables with same name in a library.

Do you want the clone in oracle or datasets in the file-system? If you want to store the clone in oracle, use tools provided by oracle. If you want datasets, use proc copy.

the other question is how to save into a server and not local machine ( EG is installed in a local machine and database and the output should be on a server ) ?

Is SAS running on your local machine or on a server?

SIgnificatif
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you for the qyuick response.

1) i would like to clone to datasets , I was looking for the exact command and if I need a loop  ?

2) the Enterprise guide is running in local machine, I want t have all files saved in server ( I'm looking how to configure the -work file)

• and save the data into distant server ( the same where the oracle database are or some shared folders)..
  • I don't want the new sas tables to be saved in local machine)

Thank you !

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Enterprise Guide is just a frontend for your SAS session, which might be running on a "server" called "Local" (SAS installed on your desktop), or on a remote server (then it's usually called SASApp, the default name). The SAS session has access to all resources available in the context where it is run.

So you need to make sure that you can access your intended target from your SAS session; verify that with your SAS and/or system administrators.

Within SAS, proc copy will be the tool to use.

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

1) i would like to clone to datasets , I was looking for the exact command and if I need a loop ?

Please look up the documentation of proc copy. Reading the documentation is almost always faster than waiting for the community.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation