BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mreynaud
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello SAS Community,

I have some datasets with date columns, however, some of my blank cells seem to be auto-filling with a " ."

mreynaud_0-1692987653892.png

It presents an issue when I export my data into Excel and the columns are interpreted as character instead of date.

mreynaud_1-1692987741535.png

It would be great if blank cells were left blank. Is there a simple way to turn off this future? Or do I have to add additional lines of code to replace "." with " " 

Any help is much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Try setting the SAS option as follows

options missing=' ';
--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Try setting the SAS option as follows

options missing=' ';
--
Paige Miller
ballardw
Super User

You might try setting  (that is a single space between quotes)

options missing=' ';

prior to use.

Though that may depend on just how you export data to excel.

There is ALWAYS something in the data set. The option sets a single character character to display by default when a value is missing. You can basically use any single character you would like. OR create a custom format and use the format to display even more interesting results...

There is no "auto-filling" going on.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation