BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
milind3889
Obsidian | Level 7
I had tried this also. I got same error.
Ksharp
Super User

OK. Running the following code and see what happened.

data mtest2(drop=i);
do i=1 to 10;
aaaa=i;
bbbb=i*i;
xxxx="abc";
output;
end;
run;

options sastrace=',,,d' sastraceloc=saslog ;
proc sql;
create table dlib.mtest2 as
select * from mtest2;
quit;
milind3889
Obsidian | Level 7

I got solution for this issue. This issues was related to latest version of redshift ODBC driver 1.4. 

I uninstalled this driver and installed redshift ODBC drive 1.3. After this change, it worked well. 

prashantpare
SAS Employee

Hi,

Am facing the same issue with Redshift ODBC driver 1.4.2. And am unable to find the Redshift ODBC driver 1.3 to download anywhere on the AWS website. Any suggestions or link to download it?

Any other option that can help resolve the issue?

BarryParish2
Calcite | Level 5

Same issue with same ERROR message.  Could not resolve, but was able to get around using the below append method instead.  Exact same data that return error message using original methods. 

/* works */

proc datasets library= dbIndLab;
append base = wlslog3 data = work.testData2;
run;

/* error */

ERROR: The character variable category has too long a value for the DBINDLAB library.
proc sql;
INSERT INTO dbIndLab.wlslog3
SELECT * FROM work.testData3;
quit;

/* error */

ERROR: The character variable category has too long a value for the DBINDLAB library.
proc sql;
INSERT INTO dbIndLab.wlslog3 (id,category,type,servername,code,msg)
SELECT id,substr(category,25) as category,type,servername,code,msg FROM work.testData3;
quit;

/* error */

data dbIndLab.wlslog4;
set work.testData3;
run;

/* also works */
proc sql;
INSERT INTO dbIndLab.wlslog3 (id,category,type,servername,code,msg)
VALUES (199,'categoryX','typeX','servernameX','codeX','msgX');
quit;

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 in conversation